J1772 to 62196-2 16A EV Charging Cable / Plugs
EV cable for charging your electric vehicle from public charging stations or a dedicated charge point you have installed at home or commercial premises. We supply high specification electric vehicle charging cables. If you’re unsure which ev charging plug type is required for your vehicle, simply check the list of compatible electric vehicles, or use our EV cable selection guide.
Our premium specification EV charging cable offers advanced technical features and a more robust build quality for improved performace, reliability & longevity. Backed by a two year warranty for your peace of mind. We also offer a Standard EV Cable.
|EPOXY RESIN FILLED PLUGS: Creates a solid mass that fills the hollow spaces inside the plug to dissipate heat evenly and avoid over heating of the charging contacts. The sealed resin fill also improves water resistance.|
|BEND RESISTANT CABLE STRAIN RELIEF: Protects against damage to the charging cable from over bending at the point the cable enters the plug.|
|ROBUST & FLEXIBLE CABLE: Internal cable wiring is padded to fill all available space inside the cable, reducing stress during bending and twisting of cable. Optimised insulation thickness to ensure durability, safety and maximum flexibility.|
|CHIP RESISTORS: More stable than standard ‘axial’ resistors which can be vulnerable to fracturing if the plug is hit violently or dropped from a height.|
- PRODUCT CODE
- £120.00 (£144.00 INC VAT)
3.7kw Single Phase
Choice of Cable Length
Two Year Warranty
- High Quality Non Flammable Plugs, Class V-0 (highest standard)
- Robust Design
- Superior Water Resistance due to Sealed Plugs (Resin Fill)
- Thermal Management
- Improved Cable Strain Relief
- High Viz Orange or Black TPE Cable
- CE, UL & TUV Approved
- Suitable for Outdoor and Indoor Charging
- 2 Year Warranty
We provide both 16Amp and 32Amp rated ev charging cables. If you’re unsure which cable is suitable for you, then check the onboard charging capability of your vehicle. Most Cars are fitted with 3KW onboard charger so you would need a 16A Cable, if you have a 7KW onboard charger you would need a 32A Cable
- Chevrolet Volt
- Citroen C-Zero
- Fisker Kama
- Ford C-MAX Energi
- Ford Focus EV
- Kia Soul EV
- Lighting EV
- Mia Electric Van
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
- Mitsubishi-I Miev
- Nissan e-NV200
- Nissan Leaf before 2018
- Peugeot Galicia
- Peugeot iON
- Peugeot Partner
- Renault Fluence
- Renault Kangoo Phase 1
- Smiths Edison Van
- Smiths Newton
- Tata Indica Vista EV
- Toyota Auris
- Toyota Prius Plug in Hybrid
- Vauxhall Ampera
EV Connectors have pioneered the design of charging cables and components, setting standards that have now been adopted by the rest of the EV industry. The design of our cables has been refined over many years to improve reliabilty and longevity. Our cables are manufactured to high standards using quality components.
- Ensure your charge cable is protected against water and damp to ensure the long life of your cable.
- Ensure that your charging cable is not twisted or excessively tightly bent during cable storage.
- Always store the cable in a dry, clean place. Plug to plug cables should be removed from the charge unit when not in use. This will also protect the charge unit from damp and dust.
- Dust caps should always be replaced when cable is not in use.
- It is advisable to periodically clean the plug pins with a dry, clean cloth. This will remove any damp or dust particles which will cause damage.
DO NOT drive over your cable or plugs or continually drop the plugs.
We recommend your charge your vehicle in the following sequence
- First Plug the Male Charger Plug into the Charge Station then Female Plug into your Vehicle.
- When finished Charging disconnect the Vehicle Plug first, then the Charger Station Plug
We deliver worldwide. Enter your location in the shopping basket or during checkout to view available delivery options and prices.
FREE NEXT WORKING DAY DELIVERY to mainland UK. Plus option for Saturday delivery.
You have 30 days to return your product (in unused condition) if you change your mind.
Not sure which charging cable you need?
Select your vehicle to find a suitable cable...